What's Your Secret Sauce? ~ Assignment Sixteen



This assignment was interesting... Every person I interviewed asked if I really had to record them😆... No one really liked it but they are family so they did it for me anyway so I am thankful!

Five Attributes That Make Me Unique: 

1. Success Orientated ~ I am a results kind of person if that makes sense. If I am not getting or seeing results from my hard work, I think I am not working hard enough. This is a good thing because it keeps me motivated and determined but it can also bring my attitude down sometimes. 

2. Empathetic ~ You know those people that cry during sad movies? That's me... I don't cry often but when I see other people hurt, I can literally FEEL their pain. I listen well so most of the time listening can help someone feel better. 

3. Practical ~ I am positive but I am also practical about situations. I can usually tell what the outcome of a situation can be and I don't try to sugar coat it because it is good to be real with yourself with what the future will bring. If I don't, I think I am setting myself up for disappointment. 

4. Time management ~ This is probably one of the things I am most proud of. I schedule EVERYTHING. Sometimes I say I should be a life planner because I can plan things down to the minute on how long something will take. This is also annoying sometimes because I am not spontaneous often.

5. Resourceful ~ If I have a deadline, I will make it. I will do whatever I have to and use the resources I have to meet the deadline. I am pretty good at thinking outside of the box and using things for different uses. 

My Five Interviews:

1. Who did I interview? My aunt Laura. 

Even though she lives in Seattle, Washington, we have always kept a close relationship and that is why I wanted to interview her. So here is a little summary of what she talked about... My parents are divorced and my boyfriends parents are divorced so I have seen what that can do to people. I have felt the pain myself from when my parents divorced. It is better for all of us in the end but going through it definitely made me realize that I do not want that. I would say that had a huge effect on how I can relate to other people. 

https://youtu.be/BO-sNSUiXoE

2. Who did I interview? My boyfriend's mom, Kathy.

She happened to come in town yesterday so I thought she would be a wonderful person to interview too. I have a really good relationship with her. She has only known me for just about three years but we are really close. This interview took place at 3 am this morning because they were just passing through and are traveling today. So I apologize for how tired I sound on the video😅

https://youtu.be/Qpef7Gs2i-E

3. Who did I interview? My mom, Mary.

This interview was also pretty early but not as early as the previous one. This one took place around 6:30 am. I was awake by then though because I didn't fall back asleep after Kathy's interview. My ma is so sweet. She was nervous but I think she did great. 

https://youtu.be/hARo8soktrQ

4. Who did I interview? My boyfriend, Jacob. 

My mom and my boyfriend are my cute introverts. I love it. My boyfriend knows me better than anyone else so he was a really good person to interview. 

https://youtu.be/TpLFJiMBsyI

5. Who did I interview? My long distance friend, Annie. 

Annie is someone who will tell me how it is. She won't sugar coat things so it was nice to hear her perspective on what she thinks makes me unique. 

https://youtu.be/HlNVio5B3UM

It was not easy for me to come up with things that I felt made me unique from others. I try to stay humble but after this assignment, I learned how important it is to know your strengths and use them to your advantage whether it is in the business world, relationships or just in general. A lot of the interviews were short but they all said really nice things. Some of which I didn't think of myself. It gave me a little confidence booster hearing them say that because sometimes I sell myself short. I think there were a lot of similarities to what they said and what I said about myself. I guess the biggest topic was people skills and being able to empathize with people. One thing that Kathy said that I didn't really think of or even notice of myself is the fact that I don't ask for a lot. I believe people should work for what they want in life. I don't believe in handouts but I do believe in helping people that are willing to help themselves too. Annie also said something that I didn't think of which was the fact that I knew what I have wanted from a young age. Little things have changed but the big picture hasn't so I thought that was neat. I don't think I would make any corrections in the list. I think I said some pretty broad terms and a lot of the things that were said by my family members and friends fell under those categories. 

Comments

  1. Time management is an extremely essential characteristic for personal success. If you can keep that important attribute you will be able to accomplish any tough task you seek to tackle. With your practicality, you can accurately reason with any issue that abruptly challenges you. You would be able to respond appropriately to uncertain contingency events the life will test you with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the one thing that I wish to acquire that you seem to be good about is time management. Im good about getting stuff done before its due, but I'm not very good about spacing it out and sometimes my grade reflects that. I hope to get better about making a schedule like you do and wish to write out a full detailed schedule each week because I truly think that'll help me now and definitely in the future it terms of being successful

      Delete
  2. Its so interesting that your family asked if they really had to be recored because my family completely turned me down, said they didn't have time, and sent it in text lol. I love how you interviewed your boyfriend, I think that it someone who sees all weaknesses and strengths and it is someone who will give you an honest opinion. I can also relate to how you mentioned trying to stay humble, this was another hard assignment because I hate talking about myself. anyhow, great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts