Halfway Reflection ~ Assignment Fourteen



WE'RE HALFWAY THERE GUYS!

This semester hasn't been an easy one... I am taking on 15 credit hours, working and then when Hurricane Irma came through... She decided to flood the house that my boyfriend, our two dogs and I live in... We had to move out and being displaced is not easy. So along with working and keeping up with school, we have been fixing up our home. We work through the night sometimes so it has definitely made me think about dropping a class but I haven't and I hope I don't have to!

If I were talking to a student next semester who is taking this course I would tell them 3 things....

ONE: I would tell them is to just do all of the assignments. Yeah... Some of them stink and make you feel REALLY uncomfortable😆 BUT... It helps you get out of your comfort zone. Why is this helpful? I do have many ideas that I want to pursue and this class had made me more comfortable with asking for help and advice. I used to see asking for help as a weakness but it is honestly a GOOD THING! People WANT to help you, especially while you're in college. Once you're out and on your own no one is going to want to help because you are the new competition.

TWO: Another piece of advice I would give them is just to watch all of the lecture videos. They are interesting and honestly, not that long. I watch them in between classes and I fit all of them in. I never dread watching these lectures like I dread watching my business law ones!😄

THREE: The last and most important piece of advice I would give is to MAKE IT FUN! This class doesn't have to be a drag. One of the reasons I like it is because I get to add my own creativity to every post, like using pictures and talking about how I feel, hoping that it also relates to others. If you don't make it fun, and don't talk about things you like, it will be a lot harder and be an annoying class that you loathe.

Some of the behaviors that I have used or developed to keep up with the requirements of this course is my annoying, but useful sense of perfection. I do not want to miss even ONE assignment because it would throw me off. I'm not saying that my blogs are perfection because they are certainly not but it helped me do those assignments that weren't as easy. I want to get that perfect grade and to be honest... It isn't THAT hard. I guess you could also call that determination.

Okay... So I am not going to lie... There was one specific week I thought about not doing the assignments and possibly dropping the course and it was the week that we had to interview not just a couple people but SEVERAL. I was a basket case... I did not want to do them... Interviewing people is scary because SO many people told me no, they did not want to be interviewed. You're lying to me and yourself if you told me you like feeling rejected. I learned though that it is part of the process though so being told no isn't such a bad thing all the time! After I got through that week, the other weeks have been fun and interviewing people isn't ask scary anymore!

My three tips are posted first because I thought those were really important even if someone didn't read the rest of the post!



Comments

  1. Im sorry to hear about your home Danielle. I know a lot of people who were impacted my the hurricane and it was a major setback for some of them. Continue to preserve through this interference and I bet you'll do just fine. Also, I agree with what you said about the assignments. While some of them are awkward and uncomfortable, they all have a meaning thats worth attending to, and of course you don't want to lose points for no reason

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts