Create a Customer Avatar ~ Assignment Eighteen



When I first thought of doing this assignment I was a little skeptical because a lot of people find stereotypes cruel. Stereotypes can make people upset if they feel they were included in a group that they shouldn't or didn't want to be included in. I can understand that but stereotypes are always good for business. They allow you to know who you are trying to sell a product or service to.

So there is my avatar. I made it on the website that was provided through the assignment. Now let me explain why I chose the avatar to look like this and who I think my avatar is.

My avatar is a middle aged woman who works (or stays at home), has kids, loves HGTV, Pinterest and DIY projects but can't seem to do the DIY part. She shops at Target and TJ Maxx but can't seem to put all the decor she likes, together. She loves to keep up with the style and she has a significant other that supports her need to keep up with the trends. She likes to entertain and have guests over which is why she likes the house to be unique and tidy. Now before you just call her a blonde bimbo, she isn't. She is a homeowner, a working (or stay at home) wife and mother and a good friend.

It was actually weird making the avatar because honestly... She looks a lot like me. She has the blonde hair and the blue eyes like I do. The only thing that is different is I love doing the work and the projects. I know how to do a lot of it. My business of painting just gives them a little advice and does the labor of painting so she can have what she wants. A married woman is definitely more likely to hire someone to paint that a single woman in my opinion. A married woman with kids and a job has too many responsibilities to take the time and paint. Whereas a single woman would not have those responsibilities and make the time to do it herself. Also, having two people in the house that have an income also makes it easier to hire someone because they have double the money. I don't think it is a coincidence that the avatar looks like me. I have grown up with the blonde stereotypes and the blonde jokes my entire life. Although those jokes never applied to me, I learned a lot about the stereotype of a blonde female.

Anyway, I am excited to hear what you guys think of my avatar!!



Comments

  1. Great post Danielle! I think it's really interesting that your potential businesses' customer avatar looks so similar to you and the ones you grew up with. Like you said I don't think it's a coincidence and I think you should use that to your advantage. It's also great that your customer avatar is so detailed even outlining their marital status. It looks like you put some effort into discovering your customer, I'm sure it'll pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danielle, Loved the post. I can relate to this post because I see myself as one of your customers in the future. I love HGTV kind of obsessed actually and love these kind of activities. I love to entertain and want to eventually have someone come in and help me renovate and decorate my house. I like how the avatar looks like you, its a good thing in my eyes because you can relate tot your customer and see eye to eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it pretty crazy how accurate this is. One of my moms best friends does painting for peoples home including our and our friends and just about all of the people look exactly like your avatar. I think you hit your avatar spot on, good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts