Figuring Out Buying Behavior No. 1 ~ Assignment Twelve



This is what I like to call... a tricky post... 😆 That picture is what I think every time I walk into a store... It is dangerous! Hahaha 


I segmented it into categories of people... The kinds of people that would hire me. 

1. People who are flipping homes.
2. People who want to renovate their home.
3. People who want to renovate their rental.

Let's discuss the people who are flipping homes first. I actually found one person from each category to interview so that is pretty exciting. I didn't interview college students as many college students don't do this kind of work. I interviewed someone who flips homes and he stated that he usually pays his employees by the hour to paint which would make sense. I asked him about the quality of work that they do and they said it was average at best. I asked him if he would ever be interested in hiring someone more qualified and when he stated yes, I followed it up with asking where he would look if he were to look for someone. He said he would google it and talk to some of his friends that also do that kind of business. I also asked him if he would ever hire his employees to paint his own house and he said no. 


The next interview I had was with a woman who is a homeowner in Gainesville. I guess you could kind of say that I profiled her before I talked to her in Starbucks. She was dressed up and had style so I thought she would be the kind of person that would pay attention to trends. I lucked out. The first question I asked her was if she owned her own home and she did. I asked her if she likes design and if she had renovated or thought about renovating her house recently. She actually just recently renovated her home. I asked her if she would disclose the price of what it cost her to paint her house. She did and she told me how big her place was. I asked her if she would even hire college students that had experience and would do it for a cheaper price and she said she would be open to it. 


The last interview took a little while for me to find someone who was in this field. I thought this was going to be the easiest one just because so many college kids rent in Gainesville and SOMEONE has to own those homes. Anyway, I ended up finding someone and he said that he currently has 10 rentals and it has been quite some time since he has done any renovations to them. He has tenants in all of them currently but most of the leases run out at the end of the year which is coming up pretty quickly.  I asked him what he thought was a fair charge for the certain square footage of rental properties that he owns and I told him that I thought it was fair. Like I asked everyone else, I asked if he would be willing to hire college students that have experience in painting and he said that he would consider it. 

Overall, it doesn't seem like people would not hire us because we are college students. We would have to make it clear that we have experience in the field and we are serious about it but I think this is a good opportunity worth pursuing. 


Comments

  1. I love reading your blog every assignment because every-time I feel like I'm struggling with a post, you say you struggle too. I like how you talked about flipping homes again and used it for this post! Its sad that people don't give credit to kids our age. It makes it really hard to grow in things and create careers when we are never given a chance to prove ourselves. I say keep trying, you will find someone who believes in you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts