Idea Napkin No. 2 ~ Assignment Nineteen


I would like to say that I am not the best artist, like I did in my first Idea Napkin post so go easy on the picture!😆

1. Who are you?

I am Danielle Spivey. I am a motivated twenty year old with a ton of experience in this field. I have dealt with many vendors and general contractors over the years of working in construction and so many of them can be a struggle to handle. I have become very skilled with keeping them on track and motivated to finish the work. Like I said the first time, the painting would be a stepping stone to what I really want to do which is fix up homes and either rent them out, or sell them. Now that I know who my customer is, I can target that audience. My customer would not want someone that they have doubts about, painting their house. They want someone that is reliable and presents themselves in a professional manner and that's exactly what I would do.

2. What am I offering to customers?

I am offering a service that is fast, reliable and a service that is discounted. The reason I added in the discount is because that is one more way that we can set our company apart from others. We want our customers to feel like they're taken care of, not taken advantage of.

3. Who am I offering my service to?

I am offering my service to working or stay at home mom's, with kids and that has a supportive significant other.

(This answer changed a lot from the first time when I answered it. Of course we will get calls from other kinds of people too, but I really think our majority of calls will come from my avatar that I did in the last post.)

4. Why do they care?

People want the results but usually they don't know how to do the work, don't have time to do the work, or are just too lazy to do it. A coat of paint can really transform a house. I have been in many properties that are in the worst condition. After we remove all the junk and add a coat of paint, the house starts to actually look like a house again and not just a dump. Paint is a cheap upgrade too, to keep up with the style and trends.

5. What are your core competencies?

We still offer a lower price like I said in the first post but there are a couple other things that I have learned since I wrote the first Idea Napkin. We will treat their home, like we would want to live there. A lot of vendors do not care. It is just another job for them. We want to connect with our customers and feel like they paid for a good service. We want them to be satisfied in the end. We are fast and reliable and we can also offer other services, like design and style advice.

Conclusion:

I do believe that all of these details have something in common and together they would create a successful company. It would take a lot of work and dedication. You might say, well every business takes a lot of work and dedication... Unfortunately that is not the case. Some business do not do as well because they aren't will to connect with their customers. They aren't willing to take the time, making sure they are satisfied. They just look for the next job. When sometimes connecting with people, can actually lead you to the next job and make your life easier.

In regards to the feedback... Last time I received a lot of feedback for the flipping of homes instead of the painting idea. Flipping homes is obviously more interesting because instead of changing the wall color, you're transforming an entire house. With flipping, the profit margin can also be a lot higher than painting, if you're doing it right. I incorporated the feedback into this memo by saying more about connecting with customers. More customers means more business and more business means having the money and ability to start flipping homes faster.


Comments

  1. Firstly, I think it's awesome you drew that sketch of "Painters Plus". And the fact that it resembles what you wrote about in your customer avatar makes it even better. I think all that goes to show that your attention to detail and that goes hand in hand with your potential business’ values; connecting with customers along with competitive prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about drawing a sketch. I just googled my ideas and created like a picture board. I also like how to changed the mindset to flipping houses. I think in todays world it is a very good idea. Everyone is flipping houses and creating dream homes rather than building from the ground up. Good post Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think were both similar dealing with the fact that we're doing a service right now that we want to expand on. With me and my lot gig, obviously I don't wanna do this my whole life (Unless somehow it can make me a lot of money) but I do plan on owning a business of some sort one day. I was one who gave feedback on the painting and I have a friend who does the same thing and make good money so I think that you got a good gig going on right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts