Your Venture's Unfair Advantage ~ Assignment Twenty-Three


10 Reasons That Make My Company Special... Here we go!

1. Financial Capital ~ My parents would be willing to loan me money either to start the business or if I needed money to keep it going.

Valuable ~ This is valuable because some people can't start businesses due to the lack of money they have.

Rare ~ No. There are a lot of people who have connections to get a loan, whether it is a bank, family or friends.

Inimitable ~ No it can be imitated.

Non-subtituable ~ No because I could try to get a loan from the bank or someone else.



2.  Social Capital ~ I create relationships with my customers. By doing so, they can help me grow my business by spreading the word of how great the service was.

Valuable ~ It is valuable because in my field, most people are just looking for the next job but when you make an effort to go above and beyond, it can pay off. It could get you your next job without even having to look for it.

Rare ~ Like I said, in my field, I believe it is.

Inimitable ~ Yes, it can be imitated but most people won't want to.

Non-subtitutable ~ No. There are other ways to get more business and make customers happy.



3. Human Capital ~ Ability to work hard and long hours.

Valuable ~ Yes because I can get more jobs done which would satisfy the customers.

Rare ~ Yes and no... A lot of people don't want to work long hours even if they have the ability to and some people can't work long hours if they wanted to.

Inimitable ~ Yes it can be imitated.

Non-subtituable ~ Yes because we could hire more people to get the job done faster.



4. Social Capital ~ My boyfriend would be doing this business with me.

Valuable ~ Yes because we share our money and finances, therefore all of the profit would go to the two of us and the jobs would be done faster because there would be two of us.

Rare ~ No because there are a lot of family businesses.

Inimitable ~ Yes it can be imitated.

Non-subtituable ~ Yes because I could do all of the work by myself and still have all of the money or hire someone else, get the job done at the same pace but not have all of the profits.



5. Supplies ~ We already have a lot of the supplies needed to get the business going and it isn't too expensive to start.

Valuable ~ Yes this is because a lot of companies take a lot of money to start up and most people have huge start up costs because they have to purchase their supplies.

Rare ~ I believe so. Most businesses take a lot of money to get up and running.

Inimitable ~ Yes it can be imitated.

Non-subtituable ~ No I don't believe so.



6. Pricing ~ We offer a very low price. Our slogan is actually offering 85% of the customers lowest bid.

Valuable ~ Yes because most customers worry about the price first and then the overall quality second.

Rare ~ Yes because no one else will have a better price.

Inimitable ~ Yes it can be imitated.

Non-subtituable ~ Yes.



7. My experience ~ I have a lot of experience in painting. It is quite easy but most people don't know how to paint properly.

Valuable ~ Yes because I already have the skill and knowledge of how to do the job and get the job done.

Rare ~ No because painting is an easy skill but most people think they know how to paint but in reality, they don't.

Inimitable ~ Yes it can be imitated.

Non-subtituable ~ No it's not.



8. Social Capital ~ I know a lot of General Contractors in the area so they can use me for their business or tell their customers about me which would bring more business.

Valuable ~ Yes because I would have a lot more customers.

Rare ~ Yes. A lot of people don't have those connections.

Inimitable ~ Yes and it is quite easy to meet people but most people won't want to.

Non-subtituable ~ Yes.



9. Organization ~ I am a very organized person. I always meet deadlines because I am so organized.

Valuable ~ Yes because I can fit more jobs in the schedule because of the organization.

Rare ~ Yes. Most contractors are not organized.

Inimitable ~ It can be easily copied but again, most people won't want to put in the work.

Non-subtituable ~ Yes.



10. Large Customer Range ~ Painting appeals to all kinds of people, older and younger.

Valuable ~ Yes because that means more business.

Rare ~ No because there are lots of products that appeal to many people of different ages.

Inimitable ~ Yes it can be copied.

Non-subtituable ~ No.


Overall, I believe I have a pretty good list. I think my biggest asset is having the connections with contractors. Sometimes it isn't about what you know, but who you know. They can help you get up and running by sending their customers your way. Another option is that they just use me for some of their jobs too. It met a lot of the requirements on the VRIN scale too!


Comments

  1. Great post! I really enjoyed your list, it was very detailed and organized. I would say your greatest asset would be your ability to build a relationship with your customers. With this asset, you could really get free promotion and advertisement because customers will want to always come back because they feel as if they know you. But overall, your list was perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing your post I realized how this post was supposed to be lol. I totally didnt format it like this at all. I liked all your points. You're lucky your parents would be wiling to give you an investment, that incredibly valuable. You make a good point with the experience thing, painting isn't difficult but most people don't know how to do it properly or don't put enough effort into it. Lastly, the pricing thing is a big plus on your side. Great Post!!! Hope this actually happens for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Danielle! I completely agree that your connections with contractors is your biggest asset. It is indeed rare and not very easy to obtain. I also think that your first asset "Financial Capital" is also a really important one. Not a lot of people have parents that can help them at the start, it really does help your chances of success without having to pay interest or having to cater to initial investors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts