Celebrating Failure ~ Assignment Twenty-Six


Okay this blog is really easy for me to write because I have failed SO MANY times this semester😆

So I am actually going through a failure right now. I have a final project for my construction drawing class that is due next Tuesday and it is amazing how far behind I am. I guess you could say that I failed at preparing but I excelled at procrastination!

Another failure that I had earlier this semester was on my first business law test of the semester... The sad part was... I thought I had nailed it. I ended up getting a C on it. I was feeling very discouraged but there was still time for me to bounce back and pick up my grade. I wrote a paper that replaced that low test score and then I got an A on the second test.

YET AGAIN! Another failure... It was on my first physics test... I FAILED this one... I considered dropping the course. Right now you're probably thinking... "Wow she is DUMB!" So to my defense, my house flooded (because of hurricane irma). I had to move out of the current out, find a temporary place and then fix up the house because it is ours. This happened right before both of those tests so I guess you could say a had a little excuse... The second physics test, I got a B which I was happy with. I am not a fan of physics so a B on a test will do!

The good news about these failures is that I came back from them. I didn't give up (even though I really wanted to). I thought about withdrawing from those courses or even the entire semester... That's how bad it was going! I am sure I will finish the project that I am working on but right now I am in a "woe is me" state... 😆

I thought I would give one last failure... This one isn't going to be about school even though my life revolves around it! This is a reoccurring failure that I always have to remind myself about! I don't take time for myself or relationships, ESPECIALLY during a semester. My happiness depends on how well I do in school so you can assume, at the beginning of the semester, I was not a happy person! Sometimes I look back and I ask myself WHY! Why did I feel that way? I had so many other lovely things around me! My boyfriend of three years, a family that is so big I can't count all of them, friends I can depend on, two pups... I could go on about all of the wonderful things. Sometimes I have to stop myself and write down all of those good things because I take them for granted. When one little thing goes wrong, it sometimes feels like my world is falling apart (I know... a little dramatic right?). School is a big part of my life but it shouldn't control it so making time for date nights and family and friends is super important to me.

Anyway, I hoped you guys enjoyed reading about my failures! I had a good time writing about them! 😆 This classed has helped me embrace my failures instead of hiding them. It has helped me realize that it IS okay to fail. I used to feel ashamed and embarrassed when I failed a test or failed anything really... I worried about what other people would think... because nobody else fails right? WRONG! Everyone does and it is okay to talk about it without feeling ashamed!

Comments

  1. Hey Danielle
    Great post! As always. I really related to this post because of the common procrastination phase that almost all college students face. I understand entertaining the thoughts of withdrawing because I went through that phase as well. I loved the fact that you overcame your failures, that you didn't decide to withdraw from the classes or the semester. I really hope and pray that everything works in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate so much to this post. Im not sure if you've read mine but I actually dropped two of my three course this semester because I just had the most epic fail. I worked way to much at the beginning and didn't balance everything well enough and it felt like my whole life has fallen apart. Its nice that you have such a great support system behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah that b-law test was pretty brutal. I didn't get the grade I wanted or thought I was going to receive but there isn't anything we can do about it except move on. The only thing to do now is pass the class and move on and maybe put in a little more work next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is incredibly inspiring! In imagining your resilience from this turmoil, really gives me a sense that I am not alone. This post makes me realize that there are others in your same situation especially when it deals with this kind of delegate topic. Failing gets hard when it becomes tough to talk to people about it. You become worried about what they are going to think about you. It is nice to know that there are people out there fighting the good fight with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's pretty cool to see that you're so open to disclose all of your failures recently. I think that'll really benefit you in the future, especially from an entrepreneurial standpoint. I feel like the most important failures to look at are the ones you mentioned that have to do with you dedicating more time to your relationships. I feel like a lot of hardworking people have that same problem and have to try to find a way to balance it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts