Reading Reflection No. 3 ~ Assignment Twenty-Seven


The last book... One of the last blog posts... SO MANY LASTS!

If we're being honest, I read this book because I knew it was one that I could read quickly but also because I thought it would be interesting to read. I thought I could learn a lot.

The title is pretty self explanatory... Can you guess what it was about? Marketing maybe...? YOU GOT IT!

My favorite chapter of the book was "Commitment, patience and learning". The reason I liked it was because it is super easy to give up on a dream when times get hard. The people who succeed are the ones that push through their hard times and believe in their product or service. That is the commitment part of it. The patience part is also pretty tough. Again, it is easy to give up when sales aren't high and ideas keep failing. It takes a lot of patience to keep going after you have failed X number of times. Honestly patience is a really big quality that I admire in people. I, for one, do not have a lot of patience and it is something that I have to continue to work on everyday. I want things done immediately... I want answers immediately... and most of the time... it is not possible. Ahhh... Last but not least learning... We have to learn from our mistakes we made so that we can do better for the next time. It is hard to realize that a plan doesn't work and it is hard to accept too but learning is KEY in growth.

The exercise that I wanted to design in this class was actually one that we did this week. It would be to state our failures so then we can learn from them. When I was reading this book it was my idea and  then I realized that we were doing this assignment in class!

The thing that surprised me the most was that when I was reading the book, it sounded like everything was really simple. I was also confused about some of the things that he said. I was wondering if he was saying it was easy because he had done it before and it was easy for him or if he was saying it was easy because it SOUNDS easy, not because he had done it before. I thought it was a really good book and I have liked every book that I have read so far but I am glad this one was the last one that I had to read!


Comments

  1. Hey Danielle!
    I actaully did the same book as you. I also really enjoyed the "Commitment, Patience and Learning" chapter as well. I really felt that the chapter spoke to my determination and willingness to achieve my goals. Great job, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danielle, I think your reviews of all your books and this book is great. You always manage to persuade me to want to read the books. Last reading reflection actually got me so good I read that book and posted about it for this time. Your assignment is very similar to mine, we both kind of based it off of failure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Danielle. I think your description of the book really benefits people like me who are looking for books to help motivate me from a creative standpoint. I can see why you would have liked to have a failure discussion as an assignment for this class (as I'm sure Dr. Pryor did as well). I think the fact that the author made it sound simple is what makes it a good book too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts