Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends ~ Assignment Six



I was pondering economic and regulatory trends and to be honest, a lot of the ones I came up with were not that interesting. I hope the ones I did pick, keep your attention!

1. Economic Trend ~ The Climbing Dollar

Most people like money. Money is not the most important thing in life but our world is revolved around it. The economy can be rather confusing. The slightest change in the market in China can have an affect on our market and we're on the other side of the world. I found information on the climbing dollar on the website I posted below. The opportunities that come with our rising dollar are endless. Since I am going into the construction business, the climbing dollar can be really beneficial if I were to keep my operations domestically. I would be the customer of this opportunity because I would definitely take advantage of a high value dollar especially with the housing market how it is. The idea's are simple but it would require a lot of time, effort and work. 

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/01/economic-shocks-to-look-out-for-in-2017/

2. Economic Trend ~ Oil and Gas Prices

I am assuming that almost everyone reading this post has a car so oil and gas prices do matter ~ especially when you have to pay for it yourself! Does anyone remember a few years ago when the price of gas was over $4? Those were some crazy times. You know what I did notice though? The prices of trucks was lower than it is now and that is directly related to gas. One of the reasons I noticed it is because we actually have a truck and those things are gas guzzlers! 😆

Anyway, I found this on the website below and an opportunity that I thought of with the gas prices dropping was traveling. I thought of this because I am actually going up north in a couple of weeks to see the leaves change. If the gas prices were $4 per gallon like they were before, I might have had to rethink my trip. The gas is reasonable now so it makes it cheaper to travel. Anyone who loves to travel would be able to take advantage of this opportunity. It is not difficult to exploit. Actually it is rather fun and exciting to plan. The picture I posted above is one of me and my aunt in Washington State. 

https://www.thebalance.com/us-economic-outlook-3305669

3. Regulatory Trend ~ FDA's Office of Prescription Drug Promotion

This one was interesting. If I read it right, I believe it said that people are making products and wanting to put them on the shelves with an off label. This means that it would have a label that isn't approved by FDA. Some companies are even challenging the FDA, taking them to court. This would still mean that the product would be on the shelf and be able to be sold to people like you and me but would have more information on it, hopefully. I found it on the website below. There has apparently only been one case that has won (Amarin v. FDA). This creates an opportunity for people to make products and POSSIBLY get them on the shelves even if they aren't FDA approved. Pharmaceutical compaines would be the customers to take advantage of this opportunity. Apparently this could benefit the consumers by bringing more safety precautions to users attention. This would be difficult to exploit because the FDA is huge and challenging it would not be an easy task. 

https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/regulatory/articles/life-sciences-regulatory-outlook.html

4. Regulatory Trend ~ Data Quality, Analytics and Reporting

New technology in banking has almost taken away human error. Obviously we humans have to do something and have to be used for something but technology has made our numbers more accurate. Regulators have notified banks that they must have records for US bank holding companies as well as foreign and their intermediate holding companies must give them the best quality and accurate data. The opportunity that exists here is the amount of accuracy that those final numbers can have and it is super easy to obtain is the technology is right. Customers that would take advantage of this opportunity would be the owners of the banks and the people receiving these numbers from the banks. 

https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/regulatory/articles/banking-regulatory-outlook.html

Comments

  1. I know the feeling of having low gas prices. Traveling cross-country can be burdened by high gas prices. It’s more liberating to all travelers that gas prices to be more affordable. The decrease in prices can benefit society by initiating more mobility among workers. Your last regulatory trend is very relative to our current society to where less complaints about customer fulfillment will take into effect. If human errors can ever be fully compensated by data modifications many influential issues can be resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I love commenting on your post because I feel like we are always on the same page. This one was difficult for me too, but I think you did really well. I didn't even think to look at most of these. Like the rising dollar, or even the gas and oil prices one...like thats perfect example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel like we are on the same level with our posts and responses. Thank you!! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts