My Entrepreneurship Story ~ Assignment Three

Hello everyone!

I guess you could say my entrepreneurship story is a typical one. My dad is an entrepreneur💪. He went to UF and became a dentist. A little while after he graduated, he decided to open his own office. I remember being young and having late nights working with him on it. The first one went so well that he opened up four more after that. For the past couple of years, my dad decided he didn't really like dentistry anymore and got into rentals while still keeping up with his dental offices. Last month, he officially sold his practices and is having fun with real estate. I didn't always want to do construction but when I worked on his properties, I knew it was the field I wanted to be in.  My mom is also a dentist and she chose to work for someone else so she could spend more time with me💖 My mom and stepdad actually bought a rental property as well while continuing their everyday jobs. I have entrepreneurs all around me and I have always wanted to be one too. I am currently working on getting my real estate license and also purchasing my first rental property of my own!


There are a couple of reasons why I enrolled in ENT3003...

1. It is an elective for my degree; construction management.
2. I have always been interested in entrepreneurship.
3. I wanted to learn more so I could be a successful one in the future.

I didn't really know what picture to put... I was trying to find one of my family but because my parents are divorced, I would have to put multiple photos! So here is a photo of a hammer... because I am going to be a general contractor and I am so excited!


Comments

  1. Hey there,

    I just wanna start by saying my parents are divorced too and I can really relate to you. Your dad did what I want to do, just not with dentistry! Construction can be an amazing career with so many different paths. Do you know if you want to do commercial or residential? My dad is in commercial and has been since he was 18. Only difference is that he didn't go to college so he couldn't start at the management level. He started with working directly on projects until he had enough knowledge about the business inside and out and started his own company. Definitely looking forward to being in your group and hearing more about your real estate license, how the exam goes, and your first property!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Reece!

      I know that whatever you want to do and if you put y0ur mind 100% into it, you can do it! I am pretty sure I want to do residential but I don't want to close the door to commercial construction just yet either! That is awesome that your dad is in the construction field! I am always looking for mentors and people to talk to! Thank you for the comment! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts